Subject: Re: bug#63444: folding mode for Texinfo doesn't work reliably

From: Arash Esbati <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2023 13:54:15 +0200

Ralf Angeli <[email-masked]> writes:

> I don't tend to add riddles to manuals. ;-)

:-)

> I guess I only mentioned the LaTeX-mode-specific variables because
> those are the only ones implemented as custom variables. Why the other
> ones are not, unfortunately I don't remember. It's not just the ones
> for Texinfo mode but also for ConTeXt, docTeX and so on. Perhaps I
> didn't have enough trust in the folding support for other modes than
> LaTeX. The latter is the only one which received much testing and
> usage.

Thanks for your response.  Maybe we should mention those variables in
the manual saying that their are still experimental and therefore not
provided as defcustom's?

> It's a list of strings, see `TeX-fold-hide-item'. Inside of
> ((functionp spec)...) you can see the list `arg-list' being built and
> then used to call the function behind `spec'.

Thanks for the clarification.

Best, Arash