Subject: Re: Add vcmi 1.2.1 to games.scm

From: Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 May 2023 08:12:23 +0200

Hi,

Am Freitag, dem 12.05.2023 um 18:33 -0700 schrieb Vagrant Cascadian:

> +  %D%/packages/patches/fuzzylite-relative-path-in-tests.patch	\
> +  %D%/packages/patches/fuzzylite-use-catch2.patch		\
> +  %D%/packages/patches/fuzzylite-when-testing-large-float-numbers-
> for-equ.patch	
Prefer names that don't blow up the file name, e.g. "fuzzylite-fix-
test", "fuzzylite-soften-float-equality", or "fuzzylite-workaround-
issue-N" – although I'm not sure whether we have a precedent for the
latter.

> +              (patches (search-patches "fuzzylite-use-catch2.patch"
> +                        "fuzzylite-when-testing-large-float-numbers-
> for-equ.patch"
> +                        "fuzzylite-relative-path-in-tests.patch"))))
This doesn't appear properly indented.

> +    (synopsis "fuzzy logic control binary")
Capitalize the first word.  IIRC we also allow title case for proper
names and such, but I don't think that'd be necessary here.

> +     "fuzzylite is a fuzzy logic control library which allows one
> +to easily create fuzzy logic controllers in a few steps utilizing
> +object-oriented programming.")
Proper sentences start with an uppercase letter.  The convention is to
use @-constructs when the package name prohibits that.  You can also
cheat via "This package provides ..."

> +    (license license:gpl3)))
No +?

> fuzzylite is a registered trademark of FuzzyLite Limited.
Perhaps also look into their trademark policy then, if they have any.

> +-#include "test/catch.hpp"
> ++#include "catch2/catch.hpp"
Use <catch2/catch.hpp> to signal that this is a system header.

Cheers