Subject: bug#63427: gdk-pixbuf unable to recognize image formats (JPG, PNG, etc.)

From: Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2025 08:57:09 +0100

Am Donnerstag, dem 16.01.2025 um 08:50 +0100 schrieb pelzflorian
(Florian Pelz):
> Liliana’s new escape hatch is nice, and indeed GDK_PIXBUF_MODULE_FILE
> is unset in
> 
> $ guix shell --pure viewnior webp-pixbuf-loader
> $ echo $GDK_PIXBUF_MODULE_FILE
> 
> but it rebuilds the world.  A security-relevant (?) upstream
> introduction of GDK_PIXBUF_MODULE_PATH also would have Guix rebuild
> the world.
> 
> Could I, with your agreement, push the viewnior wrapper patch with
> (wrap-program viewnior
>  `("GDK_PIXBUF_MODULE_FILE" =
> in the meantime?  The majority of users will not know search paths
> anyway perhaps, and viewnior is just one image viewer.
Oh, yeah, for the time being that patch is absolutely fine and it
mirrors what we do with inkscape etc.  I was just adding that we can
add escape hatches whenever we want to do a world rebuild.

Cheers