Subject: bug#63419: closed (Re: bug#63419: Spelling patch)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 10 May 2023 20:24:02 +0000

Your bug report

#63419: Spelling patch

which was filed against the grep package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
63419: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=63419
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#63419: Spelling patch
From: Jim Meyering <[email-masked]>
To: Josh Soref <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 10 May 2023 22:23:11 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

On Wed, May 10, 2023 at 3:49 PM Josh Soref <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Some projects seem very attached to historical typos, I haven't
> checked carefully to determine if this is such a project. Do note that
> `Alain Magloire`'s is among the things that was historically
> misspelled (see 2001-02-17).
>
> There are a couple of doubled words and their existence makes it much
> harder to understand what the text is trying to say. Afict, they're
> purely errant.

Thanks. I've applied that in your name
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/grep.git/commit/?id=16f9ca8ed1826063920f480ec341f20b0313482e

I added a tiny additional fix to your bootstrap change and propagated
that into gnulib:
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/gnulib.git/commit/?id=dfdf33a46655eea91ce0a7db5821cb99dd985c05

Subject: Spelling patch
From: Josh Soref <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 10 May 2023 07:43:56 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Some projects seem very attached to historical typos, I haven't
checked carefully to determine if this is such a project. Do note that
`Alain Magloire`'s is among the things that was historically
misspelled (see 2001-02-17).

There are a couple of doubled words and their existence makes it much
harder to understand what the text is trying to say. Afict, they're
purely errant.