Subject: bug#63415: 30.0.50; More Build Warnings

From: Andrea Corallo <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2023 14:11:44 +0000

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> From: Andrea Corallo <[email-masked]>
>> Cc: Jacob Faibussowitsch <[email-masked]>,  [email-masked]
>> Date: Wed, 17 May 2023 07:55:06 +0000
>> 
>> Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:
>> 
>> >> In native--compile-async:
>> >> comp.el:4240:14: Warning: value from call to ‘cl-substitute’ is unused
>> >
>> > Andrea, would you please take care of this warning?
>> >
>> > I hope I've now fixed the rest, thanks.
>> 
>> Ok I've a fix for this, same as for #63302 do we want the fixes in
>> master or 29?
>
> This is just a cleanup, and for a warning that is new on master.  So
> please install on master.

Unfortunatelly this is a bugfix.

The case is when a manual async compilation has been asked for a file,
and before it's initiated the jit machinery ask as well for a
compilation.  I think with the current code at worst we'll miss to load
automatically the .eln for the jit case and everything will keep on
working with the bytecoded version.

I don't think the whole mechanism is trivial to be verified, so given
the unlikeliness of the condition and the non severity of the bug I
prefered to push the fix only to master for now with 8a92d00470b.  Happy
to change my mind if we feel is important.

Best Regards

Andrea