Subject: bug#63414: Evaluation comparison on cuirass

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 05 Nov 2023 15:38:51 +0100

Hi,

Christopher Baines <[email-masked]> skribis:

> The data service used to poll ci.guix.gnu.org for builds and build
> status information, but I stopped that quite a while ago after the data
> got messy when the Cuirass database was deleted and recreated. Since the
> data service stores and uses the build IDs from Cuirass, it's confusing
> when they're reused.

Ah yes, that’s a problem.  Maybe it should have UUIDs or something in
addition to those database IDs; or maybe the Data Service can use, say,
derivation + ID as a unique ID for Cuirass builds?

[...]

> The other blocker to making use of Cuirass data in the data service is
> making sure it's high quality, in particular that if it says a build has
> failed, I at least want to know it's started to build that
> derivation. We don't want things showing up on QA as problems when it's
> just Cuirass being unable to start builds.

Indeed.  :-)  Well, I do hope that status = failed really means build
failure; seems we’re not completely done with the infamous “missing
.drv” bug though, and that’s erroneously reported as “failed”.

Ludo’.