Subject: Re: bug#63414: Evaluation comparison on cuirass

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2023 17:51:52 +0100

Hello,

Andreas Enge <[email-masked]> skribis:

> When working on a branch and deciding whether to merge it, we need a way
> of comparing its status with that of the master branch. As far as I can see,
> there is currently no way in cuirass to compare arbitrary evaluations and
> get a list (or a dashboard) of builds that fail in one, but not the other.

Going back to this, I agree with Josselin that the Data Service does an
excellent job at comparing the status of different revisions; I think we
should leverage that rather than try to implement something similar in
Cuirass.

Perhaps one thing we can improve though is the information flow from
Cuirass to the Data Service.  ISTR that Christopher mentioned that the
Data Service couldn’t easily get information about substitute
availability from ci.guix, or something like that.

Is there still a problem here, Chris?  If we need a new HTTP endpoint in
Cuirass to address that, I’m happy to give a hand.

Thanks,
Ludo’.