Subject: Re: bug#63413: Stop and restart builds in cuirass

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Jun 2024 15:59:53 +0200

Hi Andreas,

Andreas Enge <[email-masked]> skribis:

> Stopping and starting builds in cuirass is not very comfortable.
>
> When working on core-updates, I stopped builds for some old evaluations
> on aarch64, where our build power would not be enough, assuming that many
> of the old builds were made obsolete by newer changes. (For instance,
> these could be builds in branches that were already merged to master.)
>
> However, this also stopped the builds that were not obsolete. And if the
> derivation was unchanged in a later evaluation (or a different branch),
> it would be kept as failed and not be restarted. I would argue that the
> desirable behaviour would be to try all derivations in a new evaluation,
> regardless of whether they were stopped in a previous evaluation.

(For clarity: s/stop/cancel/ above.)

I’m happy to report that this bug should be fixed in the snapshot
recently deployed on ci.guix.gnu.org.  The fix is here:

  https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix/guix-cuirass.git/commit/?id=12d79854ee7685b356a72ca374f2a90b8efe5903

Lemme know if it turns out to be a broken fix!

Ludo’.