Subject: Re: bug#63394: guix pack and proot

From: Josselin Poiret <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2023 19:20:04 +0200

Hi André,

André A. Gomes <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi Guix,
>
> I acknowledge the answers provided, but I'd like to emphasize that guix
> pack won't run if proot is broken.  This is a critical issue and a
> temporary solution is simple enough: disable the tests for the current
> proot version packaged.

As I mentioned above, disabling the tests is not a solution here, since
one of the tests failing is *actually* indicative of a regression in
PRoot, and we should not ignore it.  Specifically, it seems the
interaction between pthreads and current working directory sandboxing
isn't working IIRC.  I haven't heard back from upstream, I might have a
look at some point but I have no familiarity whatsoever with its
codebase (and I guess it's using some nasty tricks that will take some
time to understand).

Best,
-- 
Josselin Poiret