Subject: bug#6339: url-filename => "/c:/some/file.txt"

From: Andreas Schwab <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2011 01:42:39 +0200

Juanma Barranquero <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Sat, Sep 24, 2011 at 13:53, Andreas Schwab <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
>> In an ftp URL an absolute fpath needs to be written with a leading
>> escaped slash (%2F).  RFCs 4722 and 5022 consistently use four leading
>> slashes for an absolute file name.  OTOH there are a few occurrences of
>> file URLs denoting absolute paths with only three slashes in other RFCs.
>
> I think we're in agreement: there are several ways to interpret the
> PATH part, but in all cases, it does not include the separator slash.

That's not the point.  If you interpret the local part as an absolute
file name you have to prepend a slash after decomposing.  If not, then
file:///etc/hosts wouldn't work as probably intended.

Andreas.

-- 
Andreas Schwab, [email-masked]
GPG Key fingerprint = 58CA 54C7 6D53 942B 1756  01D3 44D5 214B 8276 4ED5
"And now for something completely different."