Subject: bug#6339: url-filename => "/c:/some/file.txt"

From: Juanma Barranquero <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2011 03:14:06 +0200

On Thu, Sep 22, 2011 at 03:07, Lennart Borgman
<[email-masked]> wrote:

> If you say so ;-)

Well,

> Yes, but please remember if you make that interpretation (which I hope
> is the correct one) then "c:/some/file.txt" is an absolute local file
> name in URL file name syntax.

This is what the RFC says. I even quoted it.

> So if we hold on to that interpretation then maybe we should say (and
> document ;-) that url-filename returns such a file name

This I didn't say (but any change or unexpected behavior should be documented).

> and that it
> needs to be translated to the actually used systems file syntax to be
> used there.

I explicitly talked about (concat "/" (url-filename ...))

> This would be an incompatible change from the current (faulty)
> behaviour, but I think it would be the best.

This is what I've been saying in pretty much every message from this thread.

So yes, "I say so".

    Juanma