Subject: Re: bug#6339: url-filename => "/c:/some/file.txt"

From: Juanma Barranquero <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2011 17:56:43 +0200

On Thu, Oct 6, 2011 at 17:31, Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]> wrote:

> I understand the gist of it.

I'm sure of it.

> I'm interested in the actual resulting
> code changes: the above sample patch fails to include the corresponding
> (expand-file-name (url-filename ...) "/"), for example.

There are 41 uses of (url-filename ...) in the Emacs sources, all of
them in url\url*.el except two in net/xesam.el.

I'm unwilling to go looking for things to fix and prepare such a patch
unless there's some consensus that removing the slash is the Right
Thing to Do.

If the decision is that no, it isn't, then I suppose things like these:

---- C:\Devel\emacs\repo\trunk\lisp\url\url-handlers.el
        (or (file-name-directory (url-filename url)) "/")

---- C:\Devel\emacs\repo\trunk\lisp\url\url-parse.el
          (or (url-filename urlobj) "/")

---- C:\Devel\emacs\repo\trunk\lisp\url\url-expand.el
    (if (string-match "^/" (url-filename urlobj))

will have to be checked to see whether they are right for Windows.

    Juanma