Subject: bug#63384: x-display-mm-width and x-display-mm-height both return 0 on wayland

From: Po Lu <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2023 17:13:33 +0800

"William A Cadegan-Schlieper" <[email-masked]> writes:

> I have run into this problem and can confirm that a 0mm×0mm display is reported by Wayland in many cases, including the Weston run by the virtualized server of the WSL system.
>
> interface: 'wl_compositor',                              version:  4, name:  1
> interface: 'wl_subcompositor',                           version:  1, name:  2
> interface: 'wp_viewporter',                              version:  1, name:  3
> interface: 'zxdg_output_manager_v1',                     version:  2, name:  4
>         xdg_output_v1
>                 output: 11
>                 name: 'rdp-0'
>                 logical_x: 0, logical_y: 0
>                 logical_width: 1920, logical_height: 1080
> interface: 'wp_presentation',                            version:  1, name:  5
>         presentation clock id: 4 (CLOCK_MONOTONIC_RAW)
> interface: 'zwp_relative_pointer_manager_v1',            version:  1, name:  6
> interface: 'zwp_pointer_constraints_v1',                 version:  1, name:  7
> interface: 'zwp_input_timestamps_manager_v1',            version:  1, name:  8
> interface: 'wl_data_device_manager',                     version:  3, name:  9
> interface: 'wl_shm',                                     version:  1, name: 10
>         formats (fourcc):
>         0x36314752 = 'RG16'
>                  1 = 'XR24'
>                  0 = 'AR24'
> interface: 'wl_output',                                  version:  3, name: 11
>         x: 0, y: 0, scale: 1,
>         physical_width: 0 mm, physical_height: 0 mm,

We don't support WSL in the PGTK build, as the native W32 port works
fine on the systems where it runs.  In this case, it's clearly a problem
with the MS compositor.