Subject: bug#63384: x-display-mm-width and x-display-mm-height both return 0 on wayland

From: Po Lu <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 May 2023 13:22:03 +0800

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> Date: Sat, 13 May 2023 22:32:09 +0000
>> From: [email-masked]
>> 
>> So, back to emacs. Maybe it should be fixed on this side? I
>> personally made a workaround in the meantime that checks if these
>> functions return 0, and if they do, they override the pgtk function
>> that returns the display info, calculating the proper values for the
>> mm size. It works great. You can find it here, in case anyone finds
>> it useful.
>
> If we can have a reasonably useful fallback on our side, I think we
> should add it.  AFAIU, this problem also exists on the emacs-29
> branch?  If so, I think we should add this fallback, if it is
> reasonable, to the emacs-29 branch soon.

Sigh...  The number of excuses GNOME people can come up for their own
failings is astonishing.

Thomas, if you run:

  $ wayland-info

then, somewhere alongside the descriptions of each output, should be
their respective EDID blobs.  Would you please send them here, so that I
can see if some accurate information can be extracted?