Subject: [bug#63383] [PATCH 0/4] Various PAM improvements

From: Felix Lechner <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 May 2023 17:56:31 -0700

This commit series makes several improvements to the way Linux-PAM is used in
Guix. Most notably, it employs absolute paths into the store where
possible. The series also improves significantly on the system test for
pam_limits.

These commits have been tested and already being deployed in production.

Additional details are in the commit messages.

Felix Lechner (4):
  In PAM test, confirm ulimits actually imposed instead of comparing
    config files.
  Drop limits.conf from /etc/security; use directly in
    pam-limits-service-type.
  Refer to the built-in Linux-PAM modules by their absolute paths.
  Use more file-append.

 gnu/services/authentication.scm |  2 +-
 gnu/services/base.scm           | 65 +++++++++++++++---------------
 gnu/services/kerberos.scm       |  2 +-
 gnu/services/lightdm.scm        | 60 ++++++++++++++++++++--------
 gnu/services/pam-mount.scm      |  2 +-
 gnu/services/sddm.scm           | 33 ++++++++--------
 gnu/services/xorg.scm           |  5 ++-
 gnu/system/pam.scm              | 20 +++++-----
 gnu/tests/pam.scm               | 70 ++++++++++++++++++---------------
 9 files changed, 146 insertions(+), 113 deletions(-)

base-commit: d1aba42ad4e1909faa21d484975c5954c778e002
-- 
2.39.2