Subject: bug#63374: closed (Re: bug#63374: treesit.el commit 2930294: incorrect usage of `rx-to-string'; needs more `seq')

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 13 May 2023 13:56:02 +0000

Your bug report

#63374: treesit.el commit 2930294: incorrect usage of `rx-to-string'; needs more `seq'

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
63374: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=63374
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#63374: treesit.el commit 2930294: incorrect usage of `rx-to-string'; needs more `seq'
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: Yuan Fu <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 13 May 2023 16:55:08 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> Cc: [email-masked]
> From: Yuan Fu <[email-masked]>
> Date: Mon, 8 May 2023 13:00:32 -0700
> 
> 
> Dominique Quatravaux <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > How to reproduce:
> >
> > 1. Install treesit language DLLs as per
> > https://github.com/emacs-mirror/emacs/blob/master/admin/notes/tree-sitter/starter-guide#install-language-definitions
> >
> > 2. Open a file and turn on one of the supported tree-sitter modes
> > 3. Evaluate the expression `(treesit-simple-imenu)`
> >
> > Expected result: no error.
> >
> > Actual result:
> >
> > (error "Unknown rx form ‘bos’")
> >
> > The cause is a one-line bug described at
> > https://github.com/emacs-mirror/emacs/commit/293029458c87d6ec18a6f6a5958d0b499310ca3b#r112393206 
> >
> 
> Thanks! I pushed the fix.

No further comments, so I'm closing the bug.

Subject: treesit.el commit 2930294: incorrect usage of `rx-to-string'; needs more `seq'
From: Dominique Quatravaux <[email-masked]>
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 May 2023 15:00:43 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

How to reproduce:

1. Install treesit language DLLs as per https://github.com/emacs-mirror/emacs/blob/master/admin/notes/tree-sitter/starter-guide#install-language-definitions
2. Open a file and turn on one of the supported tree-sitter modes
3. Evaluate the expression `(treesit-simple-imenu)`

Expected result: no error.

Actual result:

(error "Unknown rx form ‘bos’")

The cause is a one-line bug described at https://github.com/emacs-mirror/emacs/commit/293029458c87d6ec18a6f6a5958d0b499310ca3b#r112393206 

In GNU Emacs 30.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-apple-darwin22.4.0, NS
 appkit-2299.50 Version 13.3.1 (a) (Build 22E772610a)) of 2023-05-08
 built on SCXMACQUATRAVAUXD
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.2299
System Description:  macOS 13.3.1

Configured using:
 'configure --disable-dependency-tracking --disable-silent-rules
 --enable-locallisppath=/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --infodir=/usr/local/Cellar/emacs-plus@30/30.0.50/share/info/emacs
 --prefix=/usr/local/Cellar/emacs-plus@30/30.0.50 --with-xml2
 --with-gnutls --with-native-compilation --without-compress-install
 --without-dbus --without-imagemagick --with-modules --with-rsvg
 --with-ns --disable-ns-self-contained 'CFLAGS=-Os -w -pipe
 -march=nehalem -mmacosx-version-min=13
 -isysroot/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX13.sdk
 -DFD_SETSIZE=10000 -DDARWIN_UNLIMITED_SELECT'
 'CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/local/opt/zlib/include -I/usr/local/opt/jpeg/include
 -I/usr/local/opt/icu4c/include -I/usr/local/opt/[email-masked]/include
 -F/usr/local/Frameworks
 -isysroot/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX13.sdk'
 'LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/opt/zlib/lib -L/usr/local/opt/jpeg/lib
 -L/usr/local/opt/icu4c/lib -L/usr/local/opt/[email-masked]/lib
 -L/usr/local/lib -F/usr/local/Frameworks
 -Wl,-headerpad_max_install_names
 -isysroot/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX13.sdk''

Configured features:
ACL GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS JPEG JSON LCMS2 LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP
NOTIFY KQUEUE NS PDUMPER PNG RSVG SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER WEBP XIM ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: fr_CH.utf-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: ELisp/l

Minor modes in effect:
  recentf-mode: t
  direnv-mode: t
  global-flycheck-mode: t
  flycheck-mode: t
  magit-auto-revert-mode: t
  global-git-gutter-mode: t
  global-git-commit-mode: t
  global-company-mode: t
  company-mode: t
  which-function-mode: t
  yas-global-mode: t
  yas-minor-mode: t
  ido-ubiquitous-mode: t
  ido-everywhere: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  server-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  save-place-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/Users/quatrava/.emacs.d/quelpa-30.0.50/build/tree-sitter-langs/tree-sitter-langs-build hides /Users/quatrava/.emacs.d/elpa-30.0.50/tree-sitter-langs-20230508.130125/tree-sitter-langs-build
/Users/quatrava/.emacs.d/quelpa-30.0.50/build/tree-sitter-langs/tree-sitter-langs hides /Users/quatrava/.emacs.d/elpa-30.0.50/tree-sitter-langs-20230508.130125/tree-sitter-langs
/Users/quatrava/.emacs.d/quelpa-30.0.50/build/tree-sitter-langs/tree-sitter-cli hides /Users/quatrava/.emacs.d/elpa-30.0.50/tree-sitter-20220212.173258/tree-sitter-cli
/Users/quatrava/.emacs.d/quelpa-30.0.50/build/tree-sitter-langs/tree-sitter-load hides /Users/quatrava/.emacs.d/elpa-30.0.50/tree-sitter-20220212.173258/tree-sitter-load
/Users/quatrava/.emacs.d/quelpa-30.0.50/build/tree-sitter-langs/tsc-obsolete hides /Users/quatrava/.emacs.d/elpa-30.0.50/tsc-20220212.173258/tsc-obsolete
/Users/quatrava/.emacs.d/quelpa-30.0.50/build/tree-sitter-langs/tsc-dyn-get hides /Users/quatrava/.emacs.d/elpa-30.0.50/tsc-20220212.173258/tsc-dyn-get
/Users/quatrava/.emacs.d/quelpa-30.0.50/build/tree-sitter-langs/tsc hides /Users/quatrava/.emacs.d/elpa-30.0.50/tsc-20220212.173258/tsc
/Users/quatrava/.emacs.d/elpa-30.0.50/utop-20230421.1019/utop hides /Users/quatrava/.opam/4.08.1/share/emacs/site-lisp/utop
/Users/quatrava/.emacs.d/elpa-30.0.50/protobuf-mode-20230506.330/protobuf-mode hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/protobuf/protobuf-mode
/Users/quatrava/.emacs.d/elpa-30.0.50/transient-20230501.1034/transient hides /usr/local/Cellar/emacs-plus@30/30.0.50/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/transient

Features:
(shadow sort emacsbug vc-annotate vc mail-extr shortdoc misearch
multi-isearch make-mode ruby-mode cl-print typescript-mode yaml-ts-mode
json-mode json-snatcher oc-basic ol-eww eww url-queue mm-url ol-rmail
ol-mhe ol-irc ol-info ol-gnus nnselect gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view
mml-smime smime gnutls dig gnus-sum shr pixel-fill kinsoku url-file svg
dom gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-dbus dbus xml gnus-cloud nnimap
nnmail mail-source utf7 nnoo gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range gnus-win gnus
nnheader range ol-docview doc-view jka-compr image-mode exif ol-bibtex
bibtex ol-bbdb ol-w3m ol-doi org-link-doi dired-x eglot
external-completion jsonrpc ert ewoc typescript-ts-mode js c-ts-common
cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine
cc-vars cc-defs vc-git vc-dispatcher desktop frameset recentf
tree-widget init direnv flycheck magit-submodule magit-blame magit-stash
magit-reflog magit-bisect magit-push magit-pull magit-fetch magit-clone
magit-remote magit-commit magit-sequence magit-notes magit-worktree
magit-tag magit-merge magit-branch magit-reset magit-files magit-refs
magit-status magit magit-repos magit-apply magit-wip magit-log
magit-diff smerge-mode diff diff-mode magit-core magit-autorevert
magit-margin magit-transient magit-process magit-mode git-gutter
git-commit magit-git magit-base magit-section cursor-sensor crm
with-editor transient log-edit message sendmail yank-media puny rfc822
mml mml-sec epa epg rfc6068 epg-config gnus-util mailabbrev mail-utils
gmm-utils mailheader pcvs-util add-log compat vc-git-out-of-tree ag
vc-svn find-dired s dash company-oddmuse company-keywords company-etags
etags fileloop company-gtags company-dabbrev-code company-dabbrev
company-files company-clang company-capf company-cmake company-semantic
company-template company-bbdb company which-func imenu compile-domq
poly-R poly-markdown markdown-mode edit-indirect poly-noweb ess-r-mode
ess-r-flymake flymake-proc flymake ess-r-xref xref ess-trns
ess-r-package ess-r-completion ess-roxy ess-r-syntax ess-rd hideshow
ess-s-lang ess-help ess-mode ess-inf ess-tracebug ess ess-utils
ess-custom project polymode derived poly-lock polymode-base
polymode-weave polymode-export polymode-compat polymode-methods
polymode-core polymode-classes eieio-custom eieio-base color yaml
cperl-domq ffap-perl-module ffap thingatpt sh-script smie treesit
executable edmacro ol-git-link org-screen org-mouse org-re-reveal ox-md
ox-odt rng-loc rng-uri rng-parse rng-match rng-dt rng-util rng-pttrn
nxml-parse nxml-ns nxml-enc xmltok nxml-util ox-latex ox-icalendar
org-agenda ox-html table ox-ascii ox-publish ox org-element org-persist
org-id org-refile avl-tree generator org org-macro org-pcomplete
org-list org-footnote org-faces org-entities noutline outline
ob-emacs-lisp ob-R ob-shell ob-perl ob ob-tangle org-src ob-ref ob-lob
ob-table ob-exp ob-comint ob-core ob-eval org-cycle org-table ol
org-fold org-fold-core org-keys oc org-loaddefs cal-menu calendar
cal-loaddefs org-version org-compat org-macs term disp-table ehelp
guess-style yasnippet-snippets yasnippet use-package-delight
tree-sitter-langs tree-sitter-langs-build tar-mode arc-mode archive-mode
tree-sitter-hl tree-sitter tree-sitter-load tree-sitter-cli tsc tsc-dyn
tsc-dyn-get compile text-property-search dired-aux dired dired-loaddefs
tsc-obsolete ido-completing-read+ memoize cus-edit pp wid-edit
minibuf-eldef ido delight use-package-ensure autorevert filenotify
server savehist advice debug backtrace find-func use-package-bind-key
bind-key easy-mmode kmacro quelpa-use-package use-package-core quelpa
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 mm-util
ietf-drums mail-prsvr lisp-mnt help-fns radix-tree finder-inf
web-mode-autoloads company-autoloads ol-git-link-autoloads
utop-autoloads protobuf-mode-autoloads quelpa-use-package-autoloads
ido-completing-read+-autoloads comp comp-cstr warnings icons cl-extra
help-mode poly-R-autoloads vue-mode-autoloads edit-indirect-autoloads
ssass-mode-autoloads mmm-mode-autoloads memoize-autoloads
magit-autoloads pcase magit-section-autoloads python-mode-autoloads
yaml-autoloads git-commit-autoloads php-mode-autoloads
ess-view-autoloads poly-noweb-autoloads ffap-perl-module-autoloads
tuareg-autoloads caml-autoloads f-autoloads flycheck-autoloads
git-gutter-autoloads delight-autoloads quelpa-autoloads
wgrep-ag-autoloads wgrep-autoloads strace-mode-autoloads
add-node-modules-path-autoloads projectile-autoloads
org-re-reveal-autoloads htmlize-autoloads tree-sitter-langs-autoloads
tree-sitter-autoloads tsc-autoloads json-mode-autoloads
json-snatcher-autoloads vue-html-mode-autoloads with-editor-autoloads
pkg-info-autoloads epl-autoloads direnv-autoloads
poly-markdown-autoloads markdown-mode-autoloads
typescript-mode-autoloads groovy-mode-autoloads org-screen-autoloads
guess-style-autoloads dockerfile-mode-autoloads ag-autoloads s-autoloads
dash-autoloads ess-autoloads transient-autoloads info compat-autoloads
yasnippet-snippets-autoloads yasnippet-autoloads polymode-autoloads
package browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods
url-history url-cookie generate-lisp-file url-domsuf url-util mailcap
url-handlers url-parse url-vars saveplace tramp-sh tramp rx
tramp-loaddefs trampver tramp-integration files-x tramp-compat xdg shell
pcomplete comint ansi-osc ansi-color ring parse-time iso8601 time-date
ls-lisp format-spec auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core password-cache
json subr-x map byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile delsel cus-load cl-macs
gv cl-loaddefs cl-lib rmc iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel
term/ns-win ns-win ucs-normalize mule-util term/common-win tool-bar dnd
fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment
text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow
isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax
font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic
indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button loaddefs
theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads kqueue cocoa ns lcms2
multi-tty make-network-process native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 1102785 263936)
 (symbols 48 55596 2)
 (strings 32 294853 87935)
 (string-bytes 1 9362716)
 (vectors 16 113036)
 (vector-slots 8 2767925 100610)
 (floats 8 732 641)
 (intervals 56 11743 350)
 (buffers 984 53))

-- 
  Dominique Quatravaux
  +41 21 69 35624