Subject: bug#63368: Build coordiantor "Signals delivery fails constantly" crashes

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 01 Dec 2024 15:26:45 +0100

Christopher Baines <[email-masked]> skribis:

> Since the recent core-updates merge, I've seen the build coordinator
> using less memory, but it's also been crashing in a new way, up to 10
> times a day.
>
> In the log, you see something like:
>
>   2023-05-07 09:15:42 Signals delivery fails constantly at GC #71051
>   2023-05-07 09:15:42 Signals delivery fails constantly

Same with ‘guix publish’: https://issues.guix.gnu.org/74632

> I'm guessing the switch from libgc-8.0.4 to libgc-8.2.2 has something to
> do with this.

I’m not sure when these started to happen for ‘guix publish’.

Data point: the ‘guix publish’ instance at guix.bordeaux.inria.fr never
encountered this problem.  The main difference compared to ci.guix is
that it does not produce lzip archives.  (I see the Coordinator uses
Guile-Lzlib; maybe that’s a lead.)

Ludo’.