Subject: Docs: Revise or delete reference to “benevolent dictators” in Manual Introduction

From: Sebastian Carlos <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 May 2023 10:22:23 +0200

Hello,

I would like to suggest a change to the second paragraph of the Guile
Manual’s
Introduction, which currently says “Unlike, for example, Python or Perl,
Scheme
has no benevolent dictator.”

This phrase, while it may be accurate in spirit, may be misleading or
outdated,
as the examples given do not reflect the current governance models of those
languages:

- Perl is overseen by the Perl Steering Council, which also states that
Larry
  Wall has not been involved in Perl for about two decades
  (https://blogs.perl.org/users/psc/2022/05/what-happened-to-perl-7.html)
- Python is managed by the Python Steering Council, which Guido van Rossum
  withdrew from in 2020 and has not rejoined since
  (
https://discuss.python.org/t/steering-council-nomination-guido-van-rossum-2020-term/2657/11
)

Thank you for your time.