Subject: Re: bug#65727: 30.0.50; Build failure in MSYS2 when --with-native-compilation

From: Cyril Arnould <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2024 22:08:17 +0200

> it would be great if you could:
 >
 > $ cd src
 > $ touch thread.c
 > $ make thread.o V=1
 >
 > Get the exact GCC invocation and add there "-E -o thread.i". This way
 > we are sure we are looking at the right thing.

I did as you asked, but a diff with the previously sent files shows
that the new ones are identical. At least I wasn't totally wrong with
my guess :) The exact invocation was:

gcc  -c -mtune=generic   -DUSE_CRT_DLL=1 -I 
/e/Git/emacs-debug-gcc14/emacs-attr/nt/inc -Demacs  -I. -I. -I../lib 
-I../lib  -mtune=generic    -isystem 
C:/msys64/mingw64/include/librsvg-2.0 -isystem 
C:/msys64/mingw64/include/gdk-pixbuf-2.0 -isystem 
C:/msys64/mingw64/include/webp -DLIBDEFLATE_DLL -isystem 
C:/msys64/mingw64/include/cairo -isystem 
C:/msys64/mingw64/include/freetype2 -isystem 
C:/msys64/mingw64/include/libpng16 -isystem 
C:/msys64/mingw64/include/harfbuzz -isystem 
C:/msys64/mingw64/include/glib-2.0 -isystem 
C:/msys64/mingw64/lib/glib-2.0/include -isystem 
C:/msys64/mingw64/include/pixman-1   -isystem 
C:/msys64/mingw64/include/libxml2        -isystem 
C:/msys64/mingw64/include/webp      -isystem 
C:/msys64/mingw64/include/harfbuzz -isystem 
C:/msys64/mingw64/include/freetype2 -isystem 
C:/msys64/mingw64/include/libpng16 -isystem 
C:/msys64/mingw64/include/glib-2.0 -isystem 
C:/msys64/mingw64/lib/glib-2.0/include   -MMD -MF deps/thread.d -MP     
-isystem C:/msys64/mingw64/include/p11-kit-1 -fno-common -Wall 
-Warith-conversion -Wdate-time -Wdisabled-optimization 
-Wdouble-promotion -Wduplicated-cond -Wextra -Wformat-signedness 
-Winit-self -Winvalid-pch -Wlogical-op -Wmissing-declarations 
-Wmissing-include-dirs -Wmissing-prototypes -Wnested-externs 
-Wnull-dereference -Wold-style-definition -Wopenmp-simd -Wpacked 
-Wpointer-arith -Wstrict-prototypes -Wsuggest-attribute=noreturn 
-Wsuggest-final-methods -Wsuggest-final-types -Wtrampolines 
-Wuninitialized -Wunknown-pragmas -Wunused-macros -Wvariadic-macros 
-Wvector-operation-performance -Wwrite-strings -Warray-bounds=2 
-Wattribute-alias=2 -Wformat=2 -Wformat-truncation=2 
-Wimplicit-fallthrough=5 -Wshift-overflow=2 -Wuse-after-free=3 
-Wvla-larger-than=4031 -Wno-missing-field-initializers 
-Wno-override-init -Wno-sign-compare -Wno-type-limits 
-Wno-unused-parameter -Wno-format-nonliteral -Wno-bidi-chars 
-Wno-pointer-sign -g3 -O2 -gdwarf-2 
-Wno-error=implicit-function-declaration  thread.c -E -o thread.i