Subject: Re: bug#63365: 30.0.50; GCC 13.1 breaks building Emacs with native-compilation

From: Arash Esbati <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2024 12:11:25 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

> Does this mean the build of the master branch still crashes for you?
> I thought this was resolved long ago...  Or do you work around this in
> some way?

It did crash during this build, yes.  The solution provided once was to
set '-fno-optimize-sibling-calls', and this is what I usually do and it
works:

$ CFLAGS='-O2 -fno-optimize-sibling-calls' ./configure ...

> Thanks.  I think this means the problem with the backtrace addresses
> has been solved, indeed: the frames which are printed with file name
> and function name looks reasonable.  Those which remained "??" I think
> are due to optimizations or something.  It would be educational to see
> a corresponding backtrace from GDB, if you can capture it, since we
> will be able then to compare the "??" portions with what GDB knows
> about them.

Did you give me a recipe how to produce the backtrace from GDB?
Otherwise I'll go through this thread and look.

Best, Arash