Subject: bug#63365: 30.0.50; GCC 13.1 breaks building Emacs with native-compilation

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2024 13:02:53 +0200

> From: Arash Esbati <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked],  [email-masked]
> Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2024 11:39:18 +0100
> 
> Arash Esbati <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > Ok, I will play with this and see if I can trigger the issue again; I'll
> > report back.
> 
> Here is the report.  Suppose the repo is inside Z:/emacs-build-test
> up-to-date with de020255a5c, I did:
> 
>   $ ./autogen.sh
>   $ ./configure --with-native-compilation
>   $ make
>   $ addr2line -C -f -i -p -e src/emacs.exe < lisp/emacs_backtrace.txt

Does this mean the build of the master branch still crashes for you?
I thought this was resolved long ago...  Or do you work around this in
some way?

> The results are attached.  HTH.

Thanks.  I think this means the problem with the backtrace addresses
has been solved, indeed: the frames which are printed with file name
and function name looks reasonable.  Those which remained "??" I think
are due to optimizations or something.  It would be educational to see
a corresponding backtrace from GDB, if you can capture it, since we
will be able then to compare the "??" portions with what GDB knows
about them.