Subject: bug#63365: 30.0.50; GCC 13.1 breaks building Emacs with native-compilation

From: Andrea Corallo <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2023 04:21:12 -0400

Cyril Arnould <[email-masked]> writes:

> The two are very different indeed. You can find the files including the
>
> objects in the attachment. A lot of the differences come down to
>
> different addresses though; I've tried to eliminate those differences by
>
> replacing all addresses with **** in the separate files with suffix '-addr'.

Hi Cyril,

before getting into the diff of the binary given we can use objdump (I
understand it only now sorry) I suggest we compare function sizes with
objdump -t.

Also I'm assuming we are 100% sure the culprint is thread.o, given the
bug looks not very reproducible I'd repeat the test a couple of times to
be super sure we have identified the culprint.

Thanks for your time and patience

  Andrea