Subject: bug#63359: closed (Re: bug#63359: 30.0.50; Lack of ssh hosts completion in Tramp using Fido mode)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 10 May 2023 07:01:02 +0000

Your bug report

#63359: 30.0.50; Lack of ssh hosts completion in Tramp using Fido mode

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
63359: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=63359
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#63359: 30.0.50; Lack of ssh hosts completion in Tramp using Fido mode
From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
To: Bartosz Kaczyński <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 10 May 2023 08:59:54 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Bartosz Kaczyński <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi Michael,

Hi Bartosz,

>> Looks like there is something odd with your config? Could you please try
>> my recipe, whether it also works for you? Then you can add step by step
>> your config, and check what's wrong?
>
> I have to admit that your way of completing the host names worked when I
> tried it. Additionally, I reviewed my config and... it started working
> as well. I apologize for the confusion, apparently it wasn't an
> error-related issue.

No problem. I'm closing the bug.

> Thank you for your time,
> bartk

Best regards, Michael.

Subject: 30.0.50; Lack of ssh hosts completion in Tramp using Fido mode
From: Bartosz Kaczyński <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 07 May 2023 17:14:18 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

I would like to report an issue with the lack of SSH hostname
suggestions when connecting via Tramp using the Fido mode. Previously, I
used the exact same configuration in the Icomplete mode and the
completion worked, meaning I could do C-x C-f, start typing /ssh: <tab>,
and it would suggest a list of hosts defined in the configuration file.

I keep my connection in following structure:

tree ~/.ssh/conf.d/
.ssh/conf.d/
├── lab
├── personal
├── companyX
└── companyY

and following line in ~/.ssh/config:

Include conf.d/*

My fido-mode configuration:

(use-package icomplete
  :config
  (fido-mode t)
  (fido-vertical-mode t))  

Thank you in advance for your help!
bartk

In GNU Emacs 30.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
 3.24.37, cairo version 1.17.8) of 2023-04-30 built on lifebook
Repository revision: 605414d018da47f99dec5019142f584b6eb174c8
Repository branch: master
System Description: openSUSE Tumbleweed

Configured using:
 'configure --with-native-compilation --with-json --with-pgtk
 --with-xml2 --with-imagemagick --with-tree-sitter'

Configured features:
CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ IMAGEMAGICK
JPEG JSON LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY
INOTIFY PDUMPER PGTK PNG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER XIM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Group

Minor modes in effect:
  gnus-topic-mode: t
  gnus-undo-mode: t
  emms-mode-line-mode: t
  emms-playing-time-display-mode: t
  emms-playing-time-mode: t
  yas-global-mode: t
  yas-minor-mode: t
  which-key-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  doom-modeline-mode: t
  fido-vertical-mode: t
  icomplete-vertical-mode: t
  icomplete-mode: t
  fido-mode: t
  global-display-line-numbers-mode: t
  save-place-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/bkaczynski/.emacs.d/elpa/transient-20230501.1034/transient hides /usr/local/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/transient
/home/bkaczynski/.emacs.d/elpa/use-package-20230426.2324/use-package-lint hides /usr/local/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/use-package/use-package-lint
/home/bkaczynski/.emacs.d/elpa/use-package-20230426.2324/use-package-jump hides /usr/local/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/use-package/use-package-jump
/home/bkaczynski/.emacs.d/elpa/use-package-20230426.2324/use-package-ensure hides /usr/local/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/use-package/use-package-ensure
/home/bkaczynski/.emacs.d/elpa/use-package-20230426.2324/use-package-core hides /usr/local/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/use-package/use-package-core
/home/bkaczynski/.emacs.d/elpa/use-package-20230426.2324/use-package hides /usr/local/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/use-package/use-package
/home/bkaczynski/.emacs.d/elpa/use-package-20230426.2324/use-package-diminish hides /usr/local/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/use-package/use-package-diminish
/home/bkaczynski/.emacs.d/elpa/use-package-20230426.2324/use-package-delight hides /usr/local/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/use-package/use-package-delight
/home/bkaczynski/.emacs.d/elpa/bind-key-20230203.2004/bind-key hides /usr/local/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/use-package/bind-key
/home/bkaczynski/.emacs.d/elpa/use-package-20230426.2324/use-package-bind-key hides /usr/local/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/use-package/use-package-bind-key
~/.emacs.d/site-lisp/erc-sasl hides /usr/local/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/erc/erc-sasl

Features:
(gnus-cite gnus-topic nndraft nnmh utf-7 epa-file network-stream
nnfolder bbdb-gnus bbdb-mua bbdb-com crm gnus-demon nnnil gnus-agent
gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual gnus-msg gnus-art mm-uu
mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime gnutls dig nntp gnus-cache gnus-sum shr
pixel-fill kinsoku url-file svg dom gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start
gnus-dbus gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source utf7 nnoo gnus-spec
gnus-int gnus-range gnus-win mm-url gnus nnheader range wid-edit
ace-window avy shadow bbdb-message mail-extr emacsbug message yank-media
rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config gnus-util
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mailabbrev gmm-utils sendmail checkdoc
lisp-mnt flymake-proc flymake init init-irc erc erc-backend erc-networks
erc-common erc-compat erc-loaddefs init-mail bbdb bbdb-site timezone
mbsync init-multimedia justify-kp emms-mpris dbus pulse
emms-librefm-stream emms-librefm-scrobbler emms-playlist-limit emms-i18n
emms-history emms-score emms-stream-info emms-metaplaylist-mode
emms-bookmarks emms-cue emms-mode-line-icon emms-browser sort
emms-volume emms-volume-sndioctl emms-volume-mixerctl emms-volume-pulse
emms-volume-amixer emms-playlist-sort emms-last-played emms-player-xine
emms-player-mpd emms-lyrics emms-url emms-streams emms-show-all
emms-tag-editor emms-tag-tracktag emms-mark emms-mode-line emms-cache
emms-info-native bindat emms-info-exiftool emms-info-tinytag
emms-info-metaflac emms-info-opusinfo emms-info-ogginfo
emms-info-mp3info emms-playlist-mode emms-player-vlc emms-player-mpv
emms-playing-time emms-info emms-later-do emms-player-mplayer
emms-player-simple emms-source-playlist emms-source-file locate dired
dired-loaddefs emms-setup emms emms-compat init-misc chatgpt-shell
shell-maker goto-addr esh-mode esh-var markdown-mode anki-editor ox-md
ox-odt rng-loc rng-uri rng-parse rng-match rng-dt rng-util rng-pttrn
nxml-parse nxml-ns nxml-enc xmltok nxml-util ox-latex ox-icalendar
org-agenda ox-html table ox-ascii ox-publish ox org-element org-persist
xdg org-id org-refile avl-tree exercism persist async-await iter2
promise xml url-http url-auth mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 mm-util
ietf-drums mail-prsvr url-gw nsm puny promise-rejection-tracking
promise-finally promise-done promise-es6-extensions promise-core async
request mailheader mail-utils a init-tramp init-org ob-C cc-mode
cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars
cc-defs ob-python ob-plantuml ob-perl ob-scheme ob-restclient ob-sql
ob-shell ob-ditaa init-emacs-lisp ielm init-shells vterm bookmark pp
face-remap color vterm-module term/xterm xterm eshell esh-cmd esh-ext
esh-opt esh-proc esh-io esh-arg esh-module esh-groups esh-util
init-config ssh-config-mode nginx-mode apache-mode init-coding-scheme
geiser-guile info-look transient geiser geiser-debug geiser-repl
geiser-image geiser-capf geiser-doc geiser-menu geiser-autodoc
geiser-edit etags fileloop generator xref geiser-completion geiser-eval
geiser-connection tq geiser-syntax scheme geiser-impl help-fns
radix-tree geiser-log geiser-popup view geiser-custom geiser-base
init-coding-nim ob-nim org ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp
org-macro org-src ob-comint org-pcomplete org-list org-footnote
org-faces org-entities ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval org-cycle org-table
ol org-fold org-fold-core org-keys oc org-loaddefs find-func cal-menu
calendar cal-loaddefs org-version org-compat org-macs nim-mode commenter
nim-fill nim-smie let-alist smie nim-helper nim-util nim-syntax nim-rx
nim-vars init-coding-cpp init-coding-go init-coding-python python
project pcase treesit init-coding-bash init-coding-common smartparens
loadhist thingatpt restclient advice noutline outline rainbow-delimiters
compile text-property-search init-completions yasnippet-snippets
yasnippet init-navigation init-minibuffer which-key use-package-diminish
savehist doom-modeline doom-modeline-segments doom-modeline-env
doom-modeline-core shrink-path f f-shortdoc s nerd-icons
nerd-icons-faces nerd-icons-data-material-design
nerd-icons-data-font-logos nerd-icons-data-codicons
nerd-icons-data-devicons nerd-icons-data-seti-ui-custom
nerd-icons-data-weather-icons nerd-icons-data-font-awesome
nerd-icons-data-powerline nerd-icons-data-octicons
nerd-icons-data-pomicons nerd-icons-data-iec-power-symbols compat
icomplete edmacro kmacro use-package-bind-key init-general
auth-source-pass display-line-numbers saveplace tramp-sh vagrant-tramp
term disp-table ehelp tramp tramp-loaddefs trampver tramp-integration
files-x tramp-compat shell pcomplete comint ansi-osc ansi-color ring
parse-time iso8601 ls-lisp format-spec comp comp-cstr warnings icons rx
init-appearance modus-vivendi-theme modus-themes delsel init-package
bind-key diminish time-date auto-package-update easy-mmode dash cl-extra
help-mode vc-use-package use-package-ensure use-package-core finder-inf
all-the-icons-completion-autoloads ob-restclient-autoloads
justify-kp-autoloads nov-autoloads orderless-autoloads bbdb-autoloads
marginalia-autoloads popup-autoloads vertico-autoloads
nginx-mode-autoloads vagrant-tramp-autoloads use-package-autoloads
geiser-guile-autoloads ob-nim-autoloads nim-mode-autoloads epc-autoloads
concurrent-autoloads deferred-autoloads ctable-autoloads
commenter-autoloads flycheck-nimsuggest-autoloads emms-autoloads
yasnippet-snippets-autoloads mbsync-autoloads restclient-autoloads
bind-key-autoloads chatgpt-shell-autoloads shell-maker-autoloads
company-autoloads multiple-cursors-autoloads anki-editor-autoloads
org-anki-autoloads esxml-autoloads yaml-mode-autoloads
visual-fill-column-autoloads go-mode-autoloads all-the-icons-autoloads
vc-use-package-autoloads ssh-config-mode-autoloads vterm-autoloads
keycast-autoloads ace-window-autoloads avy-autoloads
doom-modeline-autoloads shrink-path-autoloads f-autoloads
geiser-autoloads olivetti-autoloads kv-autoloads
nerd-icons-completion-autoloads nerd-icons-autoloads which-key-autoloads
exercism-autoloads transient-autoloads compat-autoloads
persist-autoloads async-await-autoloads iter2-autoloads
promise-autoloads async-autoloads request-autoloads s-autoloads
a-autoloads rainbow-delimiters-autoloads flycheck-autoloads
pkg-info-autoloads epl-autoloads yasnippet-autoloads
markdown-mode-autoloads diminish-autoloads auto-package-update-autoloads
smartparens-autoloads info dash-autoloads apache-mode-autoloads package
browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history
url-cookie generate-lisp-file url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers
url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs password-cache
json subr-x map byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile url-vars cl-loaddefs
cl-lib rmc iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/pgtk-win
pgtk-win term/common-win pgtk-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt
fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode
register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors
frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic indonesian philippine
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript
charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure
cl-preloaded button loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp
files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote
threads dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting cairo gtk pgtk multi-tty make-network-process
native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 819884 129955)
 (symbols 48 52201 5)
 (strings 32 244274 32897)
 (string-bytes 1 7000356)
 (vectors 16 87210)
 (vector-slots 8 1627068 152000)
 (floats 8 706 10411)
 (intervals 56 863 459)
 (buffers 984 23))