Subject: bug#63337: [PATCH] package-vc--build-documentation: Fix relative @include statements

From: Philip Kaludercic <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 May 2023 07:35:16 +0000

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> From: Philip Kaludercic <[email-masked]>
>> Cc: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>,  [email-masked]
>> Date: Fri, 12 May 2023 06:51:19 +0000
>> 
>> One issue I still notice in this case is that if the file doesn't exist,
>> the issue is raised by `insert-file-contents' which aborts the entire
>> installation.  Does checking the existence of the file, and continuing
>> on if this is not the case make sense:
>
> If the file's (non)existence is the problem, then checking that up
> front is an okay solution, IMO.  Are there any downsides to doing that?

One might not notice that there was an issue with the package
specification, since a number of messages are usually generated when
installing a package.  But I agree that this sounds better than not
being able to install the package at all (as is currently the case with
org-transclusion).