Subject: [bug#63330] [PATCH 0/4] Functional programming? In my C++?! It's more likely than you think!

From: Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 07 May 2023 21:40:52 +0200

Hi,

Am Sonntag, dem 07.05.2023 um 13:12 -0400 schrieb Maxim Cournoyer:
> Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > Am Sonntag, dem 07.05.2023 um 11:30 -0400 schrieb Maxim Cournoyer:
> > > Did you report the wrong header usage upstream?  
> > I must admit, I did not.
> 
> Could you please do so, if that's not too much to ask?  Then include
> a (see: URL) next to the substitution comment.
I sent a mail to the address in the README; let's wait for a reply.

> > > A less intrusive fix for the catch/doctest include problem could
> > > be to add their include subdirectories as -I directives to the
> > > CXXFLAGS environment variable, or since that's CMake, via its
> > > CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS make options.  See 'clara' for an actual example.
> > There are other packages that take the approach I used here.  I do
> > think this is a CMakeFiles bug, but not one I want to fix.
Correction to myself: I now see that we only need to edit those source
files because we remove the bundled ones, but that's an argument
towards keeping that within the snippet imho. 

> I think catch2 is selfom used from the system (typically bundled),
> must not ship with any pkg-config or proper support to be auto-
> detected at configure time, which gives us the situation we're in.
Joke's on you, catch2 ships with both CMake's config stuff *and* pkg-
config.  Vendoring it is next to pointless (that is, unless you regard
sneaking it onto ancient Debian as the point).  Doctest also comes with
the usual CMake blurb.

Cheers