Subject: bug#63321: closed (Re: Broken pipe? (and deprecated latex-packages))

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 06 Sep 2024 13:26:02 +0000

Your bug report

#63321: Broken pipe? (and deprecated latex-packages)

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
63321: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=63321
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: Broken pipe? (and deprecated latex-packages)
From: Nicolas Goaziou <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: cschumac <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Sep 2024 15:25:23 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello,

> guix tells me to send you the COMPLETE output, see below.

This looks like a transient network failure. Considering the bug report
is very old, I assume you found it by yourself. :)

> I also want to ask about the warnings on deprecated packages.
> I didn't install the packages by hand, they came with the package 
> texlive -- or so I assume.

Guix provides two TeX Live flavors: one (`texlive') is monolithic, and
all other "texlive-*" packages make up for the modular flavor. The
deprecated packages are modular; they didn't come with the "texlive"
package.

> Will guix eventually switch me to the new (renamed?) versions 
> automatically?

Yes, if the packages were propagated somehow, they will be updated after
a (successful) "guix pull". OTOH, if you installed explicitly those in
your profile, you will need to switch to the new names.

Sorry for the late (ahem!) answer!

Regards,
-- 
Nicolas Goaziou

Subject: Broken pipe? (and deprecated latex-packages)
From: cschumac <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 05 May 2023 20:01:33 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi!

guix tells me to send you the COMPLETE output, see below.
I also want to ask about the warnings on deprecated packages.
I didn't install the packages by hand, they came with the package 
texlive -- or so I assume.
Will guix eventually switch me to the new (renamed?) versions 
automatically?
Or do I have to remove and reinstall texlive?

Thank you very much!
--Christoph

$ guix pull && guix upgrade
Updating channel 'guix' from Git repository at 
'https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git'...
Authenticating channel 'guix', commits 9edb3f6 to 6922069 (792 new 
commits)...
Building from this channel:
   guix      https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git	6922069
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 
100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'... 
100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 
100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 
100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 
100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 
100.0%
building 
/gnu/store/66smrn6hjia5djwn1vxz6vjyw674g0m2-module-import.drv...
  module-import  2KiB                                                     
                                                                          
                        211KiB/s 00:00 ▕██████████████████▏ 100.0%
  module-import-compiled  1.2MiB                                          
                                                                          
                        2.2MiB/s 00:01 ▕██████████████████▏ 100.0%
  module-import-compiled  1.2MiB                                          
                                                                          
                        3.4MiB/s 00:00 ▕██████████████████▏ 100.0%
building 
/gnu/store/cfzwqyc9dsz3cg7m8hkgid01r6zi97ha-compute-guix-derivation.drv...
Computing Guix derivation for 'x86_64-linux'... |warning: 
'texlive-latex-tools' is deprecated, use 'texlive-tools' instead
warning: 'texlive-latex-graphics' is deprecated, use 'texlive-graphics' 
instead
/warning: 'texlive-generic-etexcmds' is deprecated, use 
'texlive-etexcmds' instead
warning: 'texlive-generic-infwarerr' is deprecated, use 
'texlive-infwarerr' instead
warning: 'texlive-latex-graphics' is deprecated, use 'texlive-graphics' 
instead
warning: 'texlive-latex-graphics' is deprecated, use 'texlive-graphics' 
instead
warning: 'texlive-generic-atbegshi' is deprecated, use 
'texlive-atbegshi' instead
warning: 'texlive-latex-atveryend' is deprecated, use 
'texlive-atveryend' instead
-Backtrace:
In ./guix/packages.scm:
   1951:11 19 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 7f58115efaf0>)
    1872:6 18 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 7f58115efaf0>)
In ./guix/monads.scm:
     487:9 17 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 7f58115efaf0>)
In ./guix/packages.scm:
    1628:7 16 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 7f58115efaf0>)
In ./guix/store.scm:
    1996:8 15 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 7f58115efaf0>)
In ./guix/packages.scm:
   1951:11 14 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 7f58115efaf0>)
    1872:6 13 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 7f58115efaf0>)
In ./guix/monads.scm:
     487:9 12 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 7f58115efaf0>)
In ./guix/packages.scm:
    1628:7 11 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 7f58115efaf0>)
In ./guix/store.scm:
    1996:8 10 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 7f58115efaf0>)
In ./guix/packages.scm:
   1951:11  9 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 7f58115efaf0>)
In ./gnu/packages/bootstrap.scm:
     448:2  8 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 7f58115efaf0>)
In ./guix/store.scm:
    1996:8  7 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 7f58115efaf0>)
In ./guix/gexp.scm:
    299:22  6 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 7f58115efaf0>)
In ./guix/download.scm:
     525:8  5 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 7f58115efaf0>)
In ./guix/store.scm:
   2040:38  4 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 7f58115efaf0>)
In unknown file:
            3 (force #<promise #<procedure 7f5810eed9c0 at 
./guix/store.scm:633:30 ()>>)
In ./guix/store.scm:
   1608:18  2 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 7f58115efaf0>)
     914:4  1 (flush)
In unknown file:
            0 (put-bytevector #<input-output: file 10> #vu8(80 0 0 0 0 0 
0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 ?) ?)

ERROR: In procedure put-bytevector:
In procedure fport_write: Broken pipe
guix pull: error: You found a bug: the program 
'/gnu/store/bbj9wwq890i68k3014yy59qrivb6x8bn-compute-guix-derivation'
failed to compute the derivation for Guix (version: 
"6922069bcbe5c08da09c00e5aad44e390ebd1cc7"; system: "x86_64-linux";
host version: "9d82c475a3abfc16f2e03491a34672c35d9852fb"; pull-version: 
1).
Please report the COMPLETE output above by email to <[email-masked]>.