Subject: [bug#63296] [PATCH] gnu: Add capnproto-0.9

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2023 15:42:25 +0200

Hi Franz,

Franz Geffke <[email-masked]> skribis:

> diff --git a/gnu/packages/serialization.scm b/gnu/packages/serialization.scm
> index 39954d6764..d0b44f7709 100644
> --- a/gnu/packages/serialization.scm
> +++ b/gnu/packages/serialization.scm
> @@ -613,6 +613,20 @@ (define-public capnproto
>  RPC system.  Think JSON, except binary.  Or think Protocol Buffers,
>  except faster.")
>      (license license:expat)))
>
> +(define-public capnproto-0.9

Are there packages in Guix that are going to depend on it?

If not, could you explain briefly why we should have it?

In general, we keep old versions if there’s a package depending on it or
if there’s a strong use case (for example, developers may often work
with different versions of Python, GCC, or LLVM, so we keep several
versions of them).

Ludo’.