Subject: bug#63292: closed (Re: bug#63292: 29.0.60; something wrong when exchange option and command key on Macos)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2023 00:47:02 +0000

Your bug report

#63292: 29.0.60; something wrong when exchange option and command key on Macos

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
63292: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=63292
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#63292: 29.0.60; something wrong when exchange option and command key on Macos
From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
To: Daniel Martín <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], 赵宇灏 <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2023 17:45:50 -0700
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Daniel Martín <[email-masked]> writes:

> tags 63292 + unreproducible
> thanks
>
> 赵宇灏 <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> I use test.el :
>>
>> (setq mac-option-modifier 'super)
>> (setq mac-command-modifier 'meta)
>>
>> to exchange option and command key on my emacs.
>>
>> but when i When I select a region, it will automatically capitalize the first
>> letter and the cursor will automatically move back a certain distance.
>>
>
> I cannot reproduce this bug.  Can you reproduce it in a 29.0.90 build from
> https://emacsformacosx.com/?  If so, we'd need more detailed steps to
> reproduce it (how exactly you select the region, if it happens if you
> start Emacs with "Emacs -Q", etc.).

More information was requested, but none was given within 4 months, so
I'm closing this bug.  If this is still an issue, please reply to this
email (use "Reply to all" in your email client) and we can reopen the
bug report.

Subject: 29.0.60; something wrong when exchange option and command key on Macos
From: 赵宇灏 <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2023 18:37:44 +0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I use test.el :

(setq mac-option-modifier 'super)
(setq mac-command-modifier 'meta)

to exchange option and command key on my emacs.

but when i When I select a region, it will automatically capitalize the first letter and the cursor will automatically move back a certain distance.

In GNU Emacs 29.0.60 (build 1, aarch64-apple-darwin22.3.0, NS
appkit-2299.40 Version 13.2.1 (Build 22D68)) of 2023-04-10 built on
baideMBA.local
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.2299
System Description:  macOS 13.2.1

Configured using:
'configure --disable-dependency-tracking --disable-silent-rules
--enable-locallisppath=/opt/homebrew/share/emacs/site-lisp
--infodir=/opt/homebrew/Cellar/emacs-plus@29/29.0.60/share/info/emacs
--prefix=/opt/homebrew/Cellar/emacs-plus@29/29.0.60 --with-xml2
--with-gnutls --without-compress-install --without-dbus
--without-imagemagick --with-modules --with-rsvg --with-ns
--disable-ns-self-contained 'CFLAGS=-Os -w -pipe
-mmacosx-version-min=13
-isysroot/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX13.sdk
-DFD_SETSIZE=10000 -DDARWIN_UNLIMITED_SELECT'
'CPPFLAGS=-I/opt/homebrew/opt/icu4c/include
-I/opt/homebrew/opt/[email-masked]/include -isystem/opt/homebrew/include
-F/opt/homebrew/Frameworks
-isysroot/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX13.sdk'
'LDFLAGS=-L/opt/homebrew/opt/icu4c/lib
-L/opt/homebrew/opt/[email-masked]/lib -L/opt/homebrew/lib
-F/opt/homebrew/Frameworks -Wl,-headerpad_max_install_names
-isysroot/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX13.sdk''

Configured features:
ACL GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS JPEG JSON LCMS2 LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY KQUEUE NS
PDUMPER PNG RSVG SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER
WEBP XIM ZLIB

Important settings:
value of $LANG: zh_CN.UTF-8
locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
tooltip-mode: t
global-eldoc-mode: t
eldoc-mode: t
show-paren-mode: t
electric-indent-mode: t
mouse-wheel-mode: t
tool-bar-mode: t
menu-bar-mode: t
file-name-shadow-mode: t
global-font-lock-mode: t
font-lock-mode: t
blink-cursor-mode: t
line-number-mode: t
indent-tabs-mode: t
transient-mark-mode: t
auto-composition-mode: t
auto-encryption-mode: t
auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message mailcap yank-media puny dired
dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg rfc6068
epg-config gnus-util text-property-search time-date subr-x mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
cl-loaddefs cl-lib sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util
mail-prsvr mail-utils china-util rmc iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc
paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode
mwheel term/ns-win ns-win ucs-normalize mule-util term/common-win
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace
newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq
simple cl-generic indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table
epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button
loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote threads kqueue
cocoa ns lcms2 multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 39827 7017)
(symbols 48 5108 0)
(strings 32 13182 2969)
(string-bytes 1 379248)
(vectors 16 11380)
(vector-slots 8 224780 15865)
(floats 8 21 23)
(intervals 56 307 0)
(buffers 984 11))