Subject: Re: bug#63288: 30.0.50; Emacs 30 packages fail to build with native comp on some machines

From: Pip Cet <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2025 20:06:31 +0000

"Basil L. Contovounesios" <[email-masked]> writes:

> Pip Cet [2025-02-17 15:16 +0000] wrote:
>
>> "Stefan Monnier" <[email-masked]> writes:
>>
>>> For the case at hand, I think a better option is to add keyword
>>> arguments to `cl-defstruct` to control whether accessors need to check
>>> the type of their arg.
>
> +1.
>
>> That makes sense to me. Setting byte-compile-delete-errors means you
>> cannot compile any "normal" Elisp code, not just skipped type checks.
>> It's -Ofast, not -DNDEBUG; you should never use the former, only the
>> latter.
>
> Does setting byte-compile-delete-errors actually have the same effect?
> I couldn't get it to behave like (cl-declaim (optimize (safety 0)))
> for cl-defstruct accessors.

I'm not sure I understand.  byte-compile-delete-errors will cause the
compilation errors described, but I don't think it would change the code
generated by cl-defstruct....

Pip