Subject: Re: bug#63288: 30.0.50; Emacs 30 packages fail to build with native comp on some machines

From: "Basil L. Contovounesios" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2025 18:53:04 +0100

Pip Cet [2025-02-17 15:16 +0000] wrote:

> "Stefan Monnier" <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> For the case at hand, I think a better option is to add keyword
>> arguments to `cl-defstruct` to control whether accessors need to check
>> the type of their arg.

+1.

> That makes sense to me. Setting byte-compile-delete-errors means you
> cannot compile any "normal" Elisp code, not just skipped type checks.
> It's -Ofast, not -DNDEBUG; you should never use the former, only the
> latter.

Does setting byte-compile-delete-errors actually have the same effect?
I couldn't get it to behave like (cl-declaim (optimize (safety 0)))
for cl-defstruct accessors.

Thanks,
-- 
Basil