Subject: Re: bug#63274: dia: Fails to build (Meson: Function does not take positional arguments)

From: Ivan Vilata i Balaguer <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 May 2023 11:58:43 +0200

Giovanni Biscuolo (2023-05-20 10:15:58 +0200) wrote:

> Hello Ivan,
> 
> Ivan Vilata i Balaguer <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > The latest commit in Dia's Git repo (just 3 after the one use by Guix) states
> > "build: Fix deprecated positional argument for i18n.merge_file":
> > <https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/dia/-/commit/6ef461d8a04ffcd23df26fc4749cebc6322a5322>
> >
> > Building `--with-commit=dia=6ef461d8a04ffcd23df26fc4749cebc6322a5322` is successful.
> >
> > I'll send a patch to fix this.
> 
> I sent a patch on May 5th as #63274 [1] using commit
> b903dd83aa5aab1b41c7864dd5027d1b6a0a190c, please send a V2 patch if you
> think is better
> 
> Thanks! Gio'
> 
> [1] https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=63274

Thanks Giovanni!  Sorry that I didn't know about your patch, it looks like
Guix debbugs doesn't send copies of messages in the bug thread to involved
addresses (not even to the original poster 🙁)…  I kinda assumed it behaved
like Debian's.  I'll remember to check the issue page and use "reply to all"
next time, just in case.

Yesterday I sent patch <https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=63592>
(v2), not knowing about yours.  I just checked your patch and it points to a
more recent commit than my patch, so I guess it fixes even more stuff, and I
see that Guix' version has anyway been quite ahead 1.9.5 for a while.  So I
guess that your patch makes more sense.  However, I see that you forgot to add
your copyright entry at the beginning of the file, and you may want to specify
that the patch fixes this issue too (you may want to adapt the commit message
from my v2 patch).

I sent a new version of your patch which just fixes that.  I'll ask to close
my other patch issue.

Thanks again!

-- 
Ivan Vilata i Balaguer -- https://elvil.net/