Subject: bug#63822: closed (Re: bug#63256: 30.0.50; EasyPG seems has a bug on saving the encrypted file buffer)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2024 06:24:04 +0000

Your bug report

#63256: 29.0.90; Cannot save GPG files

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
63256: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=63256
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#63256: 30.0.50; EasyPG seems has a bug on saving the encrypted file buffer
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2024 08:23:29 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> Cc: [email-masked]
> From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
> Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2024 17:24:37 -0800
> 
> Filipp Gunbin <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > On 25/01/2024 15:44 -0800, Stefan Kangas wrote:
> >
> >> Filipp Gunbin <[email-masked]> writes:
> >>
> >>> A bit of good news: the fix will hopefully arrive in GnuPG 2.4.4
> >>> (https://dev.gnupg.org/T6481#181779)
> >>
> >> Could someone please test using the development version of 2.4.4 so that
> >> we can be sure that the fix is working?
> >
> > 2.4.4 was released yesterday.  I've just checked that saving encrypted
> > file works again in EasyPG.
> 
> Thanks.  Should this bug be closed, then?

Yes; done.

Subject: 29.0.90; Cannot save GPG files
From: Reindert-Jan Ekker <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2023 11:15:09 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Saving GPG files seems to be broken. Here’s what I do:

- Open a GPG encrypted file
- Add a line of text
- Save (C-x C-s)

This shows "Saving filename.gpg ..." but does not finish.
The only way to regain control seems to be cancelling with C-g.

In GNU Emacs 29.0.90 (build 1, aarch64-apple-darwin20.6.0, NS
appkit-2022.60 Version 11.5.2 (Build 20G95)) of 2023-05-08 built on
CodeSensei-MacBook-Air.local
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.2022
System Description:  macOS 11.5.2

Configured using:
'configure --disable-dependency-tracking --disable-silent-rules
--enable-locallisppath=/opt/homebrew/share/emacs/site-lisp
--infodir=/opt/homebrew/Cellar/emacs-plus@29/29.0.90/share/info/emacs
--prefix=/opt/homebrew/Cellar/emacs-plus@29/29.0.90 --with-xml2
--with-gnutls --without-compress-install --without-dbus
--without-imagemagick --with-modules --with-rsvg --with-ns
--disable-ns-self-contained 'CFLAGS=-Os -w -pipe
-mmacosx-version-min=11
-isysroot/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX11.sdk
-DFD_SETSIZE=10000 -DDARWIN_UNLIMITED_SELECT'
'CPPFLAGS=-I/opt/homebrew/opt/icu4c/include
-I/opt/homebrew/opt/[email-masked]/include -isystem/opt/homebrew/include
-F/opt/homebrew/Frameworks
-isysroot/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX11.sdk'
'LDFLAGS=-L/opt/homebrew/opt/icu4c/lib
-L/opt/homebrew/opt/[email-masked]/lib -L/opt/homebrew/lib
-F/opt/homebrew/Frameworks -Wl,-headerpad_max_install_names
-isysroot/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX11.sdk''

Configured features:
ACL GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS JPEG JSON LCMS2 LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY KQUEUE NS
PDUMPER PNG RSVG SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER
WEBP XIM ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LC_CTYPE: UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message mailcap yank-media puny dired
dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg rfc6068
epg-config gnus-util text-property-search time-date subr-x mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
cl-loaddefs cl-lib sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util
mail-prsvr mail-utils rmc iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel
term/ns-win ns-win ucs-normalize mule-util term/common-win tool-bar dnd
fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment
text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow
isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax
font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic
indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button loaddefs
theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads kqueue cocoa ns lcms2
multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 37862 7181)
(symbols 48 5047 0)
(strings 32 12627 2284)
(string-bytes 1 361898)
(vectors 16 10369)
(vector-slots 8 154633 18465)
(floats 8 21 23)
(intervals 56 300 0)
(buffers 984 11))