Subject: bug#63256: 30.0.50; EasyPG seems has a bug on saving the encrypted file buffer

From: Filipp Gunbin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 May 2023 17:09:32 +0300

Hi,

On 04/05/2023 11:25 +0800, stardiviner wrote:

[...]

> 1. gpg encrypt a plain text file into "file.org.gpg" with the command "gpg
> -e file.org"
> 2. `$ emacs -Q` press keybinding [C-x C-f] to open the encrypted file
> "file.org.gpg"
> 3. modify the file buffer
> 4. Emacs press [C-x C-s] to save the buffer
> 5. Emacs suspends lost response. Buffer mode-line status is still
> "modified".

[...]

Yes, I've just reported it to GnuPG: https://dev.gnupg.org/T6481.  Let's
see what they say.  

There's --command-fd option which allows to separate command input from
data input, then we perhaps can avoid waiting for BEGIN_ENCRYPTION
before sending data.  But I don't know how to use it from Emacs side: we
need something resembling coreutils's mkfifo, which we open for writing
in Emacs (like a process), and pass it's fd to gpg.  I'm not expert in
these things.

Maybe someone else here has ideas.

Filipp