Subject: bug#63246: 30.0.50; TRAMP with doas multi-hops

From: Manuel Giraud <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 May 2023 10:14:35 +0200

Michael Albinus <[email-masked]> writes:

[...]

> While sudo asks to reenter the password, doas simply gives up after the
> first error. This is what you see in Tramp.
>
> Well, there is a doas issue in its bug tracker to change this behaviour:
> <https://github.com/Duncaen/OpenDoas/pull/102>. Once this has arrived
> our systems, doas (in Tramp) shall be have like sudo wrt reentering a
> wrong password.

Hi Michael and thanks for your research,

I had a look at this PR and it proposed to integrate a patch from
upstream doas (which is into the OpenBSD tree) that dates back to
september 2021.  I'm using TRAMP to access recent OpenBSD systems (7.3)
and this patch is already here.  Here's what I get by default (doas asks
for password 3 times):

$ doas -s
doas (manuel@computer) password: 
doas: Authentication failed
doas (manuel@computer) password: 
doas: Authentication failed
doas (manuel@computer) password: 
doas: Authentication failed
$

So I think that TRAMP needs to take this into account.

Best regards,
-- 
Manuel Giraud