Subject: Re: bug#63215: [PATCH mumi 0/2] Cc all issue participants when sending email

From: Arun Isaac <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 May 2023 03:00:26 +0100

Hi Maxim,

> I was thinking looking at this, with X-Debbugs-Cc headers now being
> added automatically by Git for members of a team, there could be
> duplication between X-Debbugs-Cc and the participannts retrieved from
> the messages above.
>
> To ensure participants do not receive duplicate replies, it'd be
> probably best to stick to using X-Debbugs-Cc with all interactions with
> Debbugs; this way a duplicate header is (hopefully) ignored by Debbugs
> itself.
>
> Does that make sense?

Yes, that makes sense! I will send a new patchset. According to
https://www.debian.org/Bugs/Reporting#xcc , if we want to send copies to
multiple addresses, we should put them in as a comma-separated list in
the same X-Debbugs-Cc header. teams.scm seems to be putting in multiple
X-Debbugs-Cc headers. Maybe we should change that?

I see mumi as being more widely usable than just for Guix. For example,
I wish to use it for skribilo, another Guile project that uses the
Debbugs issue tracker. So, in the future, if and when applicable, we
might want to move some of teams.scm's functionality into `mumi
send-email'.

Regards,
Arun