Subject: symbol lookup error: undefined symbol __libc_pthread_init (texmacs)

From: Maxime Devos <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 May 2023 14:38:54 +0200

Hi,

After doing a "guix pull", TeXmacs doesn't start anymore (this is on a 
x86_64 system, and without LD_LIBRARY_PATH):

$ guix --version && guix shell texmacs -- texmacs
hint: Consider installing the `glibc-locales' package and defining 
`GUIX_LOCPATH', along these lines:

      guix install glibc-locales
      export GUIX_LOCPATH="$HOME/.guix-profile/lib/locale"

See the "Application Setup" section in the manual, for more info.

guix (GNU Guix) 3676e312aaf1ce10ed1d7844e871b54e04624098
Copyright (C) 2023 the Guix authors
License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later 
<http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>
This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it.
There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.
hint: Consider installing the `glibc-locales' package and defining 
`GUIX_LOCPATH', along these lines:

      guix install glibc-locales
      export GUIX_LOCPATH="$HOME/.guix-profile/lib/locale"

See the "Application Setup" section in the manual, for more info.

(process:20100): Gtk-WARNING **: 14:35:00.637: Locale not supported by C 
library.
         Using the fallback 'C' locale.
texmacs.bin: symbol lookup error: 
/gnu/store/5h2w4qi9hk1qzzgi1w83220ydslinr4s-glibc-2.33/lib/libpthread.so.0: 
undefined symbol: __libc_pthread_init, version GLIBC_PRIVATE

Greetings,
Maxime.