Subject: guix package -u failure on pyopengl-accelerate-3.1.5

From: Andy Tai <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2023 12:57:33 -0700

doing guix package -u with the guix post merge of core-updates (thus
using the main branch,

gux package -u fails with

| 'build' phase2023-04-28 12:02:50,512 Error: cannot execute signal listener
2023-04-28 12:02:50,512  [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'python3.9'
\ 'build' phasebuilder for
`/gnu/store/9clhgrmqzlvfawmshalg16imh15sjsmy-python-pyopengl-accelerate-3.1.5.drv'
failed with exit code 1
build of /gnu/store/9clhgrmqzlvfawmshalg16imh15sjsmy-python-pyopengl-accelerate-3.1.5.drv
failed
View build log at
'/var/log/guix/drvs/9c/lhgrmqzlvfawmshalg16imh15sjsmy-python-pyopengl-accelerate-3.1.5.drv.bz2'.

last part of this bug log:

In file included from
/gnu/store/dy3xh053ahkhrp2jamggq8cpsyvp8mg0-python-3.10.7/include/python3.10/unicodeobject.h:1046,
                 from
/gnu/store/dy3xh053ahkhrp2jamggq8cpsyvp8mg0-python-3.10.7/include/python3.10/Python.h:83,
                 from src/vbo.c:4:
/gnu/store/dy3xh053ahkhrp2jamggq8cpsyvp8mg0-python-3.10.7/include/python3.10/cpython/unicodeobject.h:446:26:
note: declared here
  446 | static inline Py_ssize_t _PyUnicode_get_wstr_length(PyObject *op) {
      |                          ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
src/vbo.c:13032:25: warning: ‘PyUnicode_AsUnicode’ is deprecated
[-Wdeprecated-declarations]
13032 |                         (PyUnicode_GET_SIZE(**argname) !=
PyUnicode_GET_SIZE(key)) ? 1 :
      |                         ^
In file included from
/gnu/store/dy3xh053ahkhrp2jamggq8cpsyvp8mg0-python-3.10.7/include/python3.10/unicodeobject.h:1046,
                 from
/gnu/store/dy3xh053ahkhrp2jamggq8cpsyvp8mg0-python-3.10.7/include/python3.10/Python.h:83,
                 from src/vbo.c:4:
/gnu/store/dy3xh053ahkhrp2jamggq8cpsyvp8mg0-python-3.10.7/include/python3.10/cpython/unicodeobject.h:580:45:
note: declared here
  580 | Py_DEPRECATED(3.3) PyAPI_FUNC(Py_UNICODE *) PyUnicode_AsUnicode(
      |                                             ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
src/vbo.c:13032:25: warning: ‘_PyUnicode_get_wstr_length’ is
deprecated [-Wdeprecated-declarations]
13032 |                         (PyUnicode_GET_SIZE(**argname) !=
PyUnicode_GET_SIZE(key)) ? 1 :
      |                         ^
In file included from
/gnu/store/dy3xh053ahkhrp2jamggq8cpsyvp8mg0-python-3.10.7/include/python3.10/unicodeobject.h:1046,
                 from
/gnu/store/dy3xh053ahkhrp2jamggq8cpsyvp8mg0-python-3.10.7/include/python3.10/Python.h:83,
                 from src/vbo.c:4:
/gnu/store/dy3xh053ahkhrp2jamggq8cpsyvp8mg0-python-3.10.7/include/python3.10/cpython/unicodeobject.h:446:26:
note: declared here
  446 | static inline Py_ssize_t _PyUnicode_get_wstr_length(PyObject *op) {
      |                          ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
error: command '/gnu/store/5lqhcv91ijy82p92ac6g5xw48l0lwwz4-gcc-11.3.0/bin/gcc'
failed with exit code 1
error: in phase 'build': uncaught exception:
%exception #<&invoke-error program: "python" arguments: ("-c" "import
setuptools, tokenize;__file__='setup.py';f=getattr(tokenize, 'open',
open)(__file__);code=f.read().replace('\\r\\n',
'\\n');f.close();exec(compile(code, __file__, 'exec'))" "build")
exit-status: 1 term-signal: #f stop-signal: #f>
phase `build' failed after 10.4 seconds
command "python" "-c" "import setuptools,
tokenize;__file__='setup.py';f=getattr(tokenize, 'open',
open)(__file__);code=f.read().replace('\\r\\n',
'\\n');f.close();exec(compile(code, __file__, 'exec'))" "build" failed
with status 1