Subject: [bug#63140] [PATCH] gnu: lightning: Update to 2.2.2

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2023 16:42:35 +0200

Hi,

Andy Tai <[email-masked]> skribis:

> * gnu/packages/assembly.scm (lightning): Update to 2.2.2

This seems to break ‘smalltalk’.  Its ‘check’ phase fails with things
like:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
ERROR: 128 tests were run,
66 failed (1 expected failure).
7 tests were skipped.
## -------------------------- ##
## testsuite.log was created. ##
## -------------------------- ##

Please send `tests/testsuite.log' and all information you think might help:

   To: <[email-masked]>
   Subject: [GNU Smalltalk 3.2.91] testsuite: 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 failed

You may investigate any problem if you feel able to do so, in which
case the test suite provides a good starting point.  Its output may
be found below `tests/testsuite.dir'.

make[2]: *** [Makefile:631: check-local] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory '/tmp/guix-build-smalltalk-3.2.91.drv-0/smalltalk-3.2.91/tests'
make[1]: *** [Makefile:487: check-am] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory '/tmp/guix-build-smalltalk-3.2.91.drv-0/smalltalk-3.2.91/tests'
make: *** [Makefile:1069: check-recursive] Error 1

Test suite failed, dumping logs.

--- ./tests/testsuite.dir/046/testsuite.log ---------------------------------

#                             -*- compilation -*-
46. testsuite.at:82: testing ArrayANSITest ...
{ (cd /tmp/guix-build-smalltalk-3.2.91.drv-0/smalltalk-3.2.91 && timeout 600s gst -I /tmp/guix-build-smalltalk-3.2.91.drv-0/smalltalk-3.2.91/tests/gst.im -f /tmp/guix-build-smalltalk-3.2.91.drv-0/smalltalk-3.2.91/tests/AnsiRun.st ArrayANSITest); echo exit 0 > retcode; } | tr -d '\r' | tee stdout; . ./retcode
./testsuite.at:82: { (cd $abs_top_builddir && $TIMEOUT gst $image_path -f $abs_srcdir/AnsiRun.st ArrayANSITest); echo exit $? > retcode; } | tr -d '\r' | tee stdout; . ./retcode
--- /dev/null	2023-05-15 06:41:31.460926528 +0000
+++ /tmp/guix-build-smalltalk-3.2.91.drv-0/smalltalk-3.2.91/tests/testsuite.dir/at-groups/46/stderr	2023-05-19 14:39:04.960486435 +0000
@@ -0,0 +1,13 @@
+gst: Aborted
+gst: Error occurred while not in byte code interpreter!!
+/tmp/guix-build-smalltalk-3.2.91.drv-0/smalltalk-3.2.91/libgst/.libs/libgst.so.7(+0x72907)[0x7ffff7f52907]
+/gnu/store/gsjczqir1wbz8p770zndrpw4rnppmxi3-glibc-2.35/lib/libc.so.6(+0x3d2a0)[0x7ffff7b682a0]
+/gnu/store/gsjczqir1wbz8p770zndrpw4rnppmxi3-glibc-2.35/lib/libc.so.6(+0x86fec)[0x7ffff7bb1fec]
+/gnu/store/gsjczqir1wbz8p770zndrpw4rnppmxi3-glibc-2.35/lib/libc.so.6(raise+0x12)[0x7ffff7b68202]
+/gnu/store/gsjczqir1wbz8p770zndrpw4rnppmxi3-glibc-2.35/lib/libc.so.6(abort+0xc1)[0x7ffff7b5345b]
+/tmp/guix-build-smalltalk-3.2.91.drv-0/smalltalk-3.2.91/libgst/.libs/libgst.so.7(+0x10c19)[0x7ffff7ef0c19]
+/gnu/store/8k2smdr5wvrxi3haw5l657rcbj97f0hz-libsigsegv-2.14/lib/libsigsegv.so.2(+0x1278)[0x7ffff7edb278]
+/gnu/store/gsjczqir1wbz8p770zndrpw4rnppmxi3-glibc-2.35/lib/libc.so.6(+0x3d2a0)[0x7ffff7b682a0]
+/tmp/guix-build-smalltalk-3.2.91.drv-0/smalltalk-3.2.91/libgst/.libs/libgst.so.7(+0x56e48)[0x7ffff7f36e48]
+/tmp/guix-build-smalltalk-3.2.91.drv-0/smalltalk-3.2.91/libgst/.libs/libgst.so.7(+0x72479)[0x7ffff7f52479]
+/tmp/guix-build-smalltalk-3.2.91.drv-0/smalltalk-3.2.91/tests/testsuite.dir/at-groups/46/test-source: line 20: 20149 Aborted                 $TIMEOUT gst $image_path -f $abs_srcdir/AnsiRun.st ArrayANSITest
stdout:
./testsuite.at:82: exit code was 134, expected 0
46. testsuite.at:82: 46. ArrayANSITest (testsuite.at:82): FAILED (testsuite.at:82)
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Could you take a look and/or take it upstream?

Thanks,
Ludo’.