Subject: Re: bug#63132: Bug on Darwin MacOS with 'M-x man RET commandname[ ]'

From: Rudolf Adamkovič <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 May 2023 13:35:07 +0200

Eshel Yaron via "Bug reports for GNU Emacs, the Swiss army knife of text
editors" <[email-masked]> writes:

> Yes, exactly.  I don't know if lag is the right word, but it takes a
> couple of seconds for Emacs to pop the *Completions* buffer after
> hitting TAB or SPC or ?, regardless of the current input.

The experience is even worse with Icomplete, Vertico, etc.  When I start
typing after 'M-x man RET', Emacs freezes for good 6 or 7 seconds, and
prints "Waiting for process to die...done" in the meantime.  This
happens on every single lookup.

Rudy
-- 
"I love deadlines.  I love the whooshing noise they make as they go by."
-- Douglas Adams, The Salmon of Doubt, 2002

Rudolf Adamkovič <[email-masked]> [he/him]
Studenohorská 25
84103 Bratislava
Slovakia