Subject: bug#63132: Bug on Darwin MacOS with 'M-x man RET commandname[ ]'

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2023 13:43:30 +0300

> Cc: [email-masked]
> Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2023 10:49:30 +0300
> From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
> 
> > (define-advice man (:around (orig-func &rest args) no-completing-read)
> > 
> >   "Inhibit `completing-read'."
> 
> Please tell what is wrong with the arguments passed to the 'man'
> commands, so I could think about fixing that without any advices.

I think I understand the issue now: it happens inside
Man-completion-table, right?

But then I don't understand the situation: why would someone type
"M-x man RET 2 ", with the trailing space?  Is this simply a mistake
on behalf of the user?

Stefan, any ideas how we can catch this situation?  I don't think we
can blindly remove the trailing whitespace, since this could be
meaningful in completion?