Subject: Re: bug#63132: Bug on Darwin MacOS with 'M-x man RET commandname[ ]'

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2023 10:49:30 +0300

[Please use Reply All tp keep the bug address onm the CC list.]

> from: [email-masked]
> Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2023 00:26:40 -0700
> 
> Unfortunately not. The lag is still noticeable. Here is the advice function that resolved the issue on
> MacOS:

I don't understand.  I thought the problem was that trailing
whitespace in "2 " was being passed to the 'man' command?  Are you
saying the fix still leaves the trailing whitespace in the argument?

Can you show the exact step by step recipe for reproducing the problem
starting from "emacs -Q"?  That is, what exactly do you type to
reproduce the problem?

> (define-advice man (:around (orig-func &rest args) no-completing-read)
> 
>   "Inhibit `completing-read'."

Please tell what is wrong with the arguments passed to the 'man'
commands, so I could think about fixing that without any advices.

Thanks.