Subject: Re: bug#63127: 29.0.90; Tramp all-completions errors with internal error

From: Daniel Mendler <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2023 08:25:32 +0200

On 4/28/23 08:11, Daniel Mendler wrote:
> On 4/28/23 07:38, Michael Albinus wrote:
>> However, there exist a newer Tramp version in GNU ELPA. When I call
>>
>> --8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
>> # ~/src/emacs-29/src/emacs -Q -L ~/.emacs.d/elpa/tramp-2.6.0.3/ \
>>   -l ~/.emacs.d/elpa/compat-29.1.4.1/compat-autoloads.el \
>>   -l ~/.emacs.d/elpa/vertico-1.2/vertico-autoloads.el -f vertico-mode
>> --8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---
> 
> Yes, I am aware of the new Tramp version and the fixes regarding host
> names and user names. I just tried to install it on Emacs 29 but I get
> `tramp--with-startup' errors during initialization in emacs -Q - some
> autoload issue. IOW I seem to be unable to test this.

I tried again and this time I didn't install Tramp via package-install
but unpacked the tar manually. Then I could successfully load Vertico
and Tramp. Completing Tramp paths works fine with Vertico. I checked
that `tramp-version' is 2.6.0.3. Furthermore the /sudo:::/ issue is
gone. Feel free to close this bug!

However there seems to be an issue with Tramp and package installation
due to the `tramp--with-startup` macro. Not sure if I am the only one
affected by this.

Daniel