Subject: bug#63126: closed (Re: bug#63126: [PATCH 0/2] Fix building OpenMW after the core-updates merge.)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 19 May 2023 14:32:02 +0000

Your bug report

#63126: [PATCH 0/2] Fix building OpenMW after the core-updates merge.

which was filed against the guix-patches package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
63126: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=63126
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#63126: [PATCH 0/2] Fix building OpenMW after the core-updates merge.
From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
To: Kaelyn Takata <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 19 May 2023 16:31:05 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

Kaelyn Takata <[email-masked]> skribis:

>   gnu: recastnavigation: Update to commit 6d1f971.
>   gnu: openmw: Fix build on glibc 2.34 and newer.

Applied, thanks!

Ludo’.

Subject: [PATCH 0/2] Fix building OpenMW after the core-updates merge.
From: Kaelyn Takata <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Kaelyn Takata <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2023 17:34:01 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

This pair of patches fixes building OpenMW and its dependency recastnavigation
on master after the merge of core-updates. For both packages, the build
failures were due to SIGSTKSZ no longer being a constant in glibc 2.34 and
newer. recastnavigation is fixed by updating the package to the latest commit
(as of this writing). OpenMW has also been fixed upstream since the 0.47
release, but building using the openmw-48-rc9 tag results in OpenMW crashing
for me while loading the main menu.

I have tested this patch set in conjunction with the updated
openmw-openscenegraph in https://issues.guix.gnu.org/62728 and have
successfully loaded a saved game with the I Heart Vanilla modlist
(https://modding-openmw.com/lists/i-heart-vanilla/) installed and walked
around the starting town a bit, including talking to people.

Cheers,
Kaelyn

Kaelyn Takata (2):
  gnu: recastnavigation: Update to commit 6d1f971.
  gnu: openmw: Fix build on glibc 2.34 and newer.

 gnu/local.mk                                  |  1 +
 gnu/packages/game-development.scm             |  9 +++--
 .../openmw-assume-nonconst-SIGSTKSZ.patch     | 39 +++++++++++++++++++
 3 files changed, 45 insertions(+), 4 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 gnu/packages/patches/openmw-assume-nonconst-SIGSTKSZ.patch

base-commit: 297805b1f83aa58ba9fc775c203373338aafd5ac
--
2.39.2