Subject: Re: bug#63125: 30.0.50; [BUG] last argument of libxml2-parse-html-region has no effect?

From: Ruijie Yu <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2023 18:18:21 +0800

Ruijie Yu <[email-masked]> writes:
>>
>> If you look at xml.c, you will see that we just call a libxml function
>> passing it this URL.  So if anything isn't as expected, the answer is
>> in libxml, not in Emacs.
>
> Thank you for pointing that out.  I will take a look at its source in a
> day or two.  I am also upgrading it from 2.10.3-2 to 2.10.4-2, and will
> see if that changes anything.

No difference -- as expected.

> If I end up deciding that it is a libxml2 bug, I'll file a bug there and
> link to this bug.

I have filed an issue [1] in libxml2.  We'll see what they say about it.

FTR, [2] is the documentation of the libxml2's htmlReadMemory()
function -- though it does not say much.

[1]: https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/libxml2/-/issues/525
[2]: https://gnome.pages.gitlab.gnome.org/libxml2/devhelp/libxml2-HTMLparser.html#htmlReadMemory.

-- 
Best,

RY

[Please note that this mail might go to spam due to some
misconfiguration in my mail server -- still investigating.]