Subject: Re: bug#631: the M- notation suggestion

From: xah lee <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 19:07:37 -0700

On Jul 31, 2008, at 3:01 PM, Richard M Stallman wrote:

For the Emacs Manual I have a feeling this would be very wasteful.
But maybe it would be ok for some of the help commands, maybe even for
all of them.

Xah wrote:
     Wasteful, as in too much effort and little benefit?

RMS wrote:
I mean reducing what's visible on a page, and wasting paper.
But someone could try it and see.

who's doing this?

and what about making the menu show the Alt+ and Ctrl+ notation? Is  
anyone in particular doing it?

PS give me a hint perhaps on how to do the latter. I might experiment  
on both.

   Xah
∑ http://xahlee.org/

☄