Subject: Re: bug#63096: [PATCH] Note that Emacs pauses when handling sentinel errors

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2023 08:35:21 +0300

> From: Spencer Baugh <[email-masked]>
> Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2023 18:04:05 -0400
> 
> For emacs-29, since this variable is new in Emacs 29.

Thanks.

> diff --git a/doc/lispref/processes.texi b/doc/lispref/processes.texi
> index 50e67475d8e..39d1ee64e43 100644
> --- a/doc/lispref/processes.texi
> +++ b/doc/lispref/processes.texi
> @@ -2159,7 +2159,9 @@ Sentinels
>  programs was running when the sentinel was started.  However, if
>  @code{debug-on-error} is non-@code{nil},  errors are not caught.
>  This makes it possible to use the Lisp debugger to debug the
> -sentinel.  @xref{Debugger}.
> +sentinel.  @xref{Debugger}.  Additionally, Emacs pauses for

Why "Additionally"?  What you are describing is not in addition to
what was described before that.

> +@var{process-error-pause-time} seconds so that the user sees the
> +error.  @xref{Asynchronous Processes}

If we are mentioning this variable here, let's also mention it where
filter functions are described, since it is also relevant to those.