Subject: bug#63096: [PATCH] Note that Emacs pauses when handling sentinel errors

From: Robert Pluim <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 May 2023 17:01:23 +0200

>>>>> On Tue, 02 May 2023 14:46:22 +0000 (UTC), [email-masked] said:
    sbaugh> +functions.  @xref{Debugger}.  If an error is caught, Emacs pauses for
    sbaugh> +@var{process-error-pause-time} seconds so that the user sees the
    sbaugh> +error.  @xref{Asynchronous Processes}

@var{} is for formal parameters to functions (they end up
upcased), but this is a variable, so you need @code{}

    sbaugh>    Many filter functions sometimes (or always) insert the output in the
    sbaugh>  process's buffer, mimicking the actions of the default filter.
    sbaugh> @@ -2159,7 +2161,9 @@ Sentinels
    sbaugh>  programs was running when the sentinel was started.  However, if
    sbaugh>  @code{debug-on-error} is non-@code{nil},  errors are not caught.
    sbaugh>  This makes it possible to use the Lisp debugger to debug the
    sbaugh> -sentinel.  @xref{Debugger}.
    sbaugh> +sentinel.  @xref{Debugger}.  If an error is caught, Emacs pauses for
    sbaugh> +@var{process-error-pause-time} seconds so that the user sees the
    sbaugh> +error.  @xref{Asynchronous Processes}

Similarly here.

Robert
--