Subject: Re: Guix QA "Unable to apply patches"

From: Christopher Baines <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2023 18:02:43 +0100

Andy Tai <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi, for one of my package patches, Guix QA shows
>
> "Unable to apply patches"
>
> in https://qa.guix.gnu.org/issue/63095
>
> even though I double checked the patch applies cleanly on the current
> head of the master branch.
>
> Guix QA shows no hint as what the failure is (no log, etc.)   Curious
> how to investigate the problem?

That message was appearing incorrectly, which I've now fixed. The
qa-frontpage hadn't attempted to apply the patch, which is why the log
showed #f.

The reason why QA hasn't looked at this issue is that it's too old. To
avoid resource problems, QA only currently looks at a fixed number of
recent issues. The limiting factor is currently data service storage
space.

Unfortunately none of that is very helpful in getting this patch looked
at though.