Subject: bug#63089: [PATCH] Display offscreen matched openparen

From: Shynur Xie <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 May 2023 17:52:44 +0000

>    From: Eli Zaretskii
> Subject: Re: bug#63089
>    Date: Mon, 01 May 2023 16:17:44 +0300
>      To: Shynur Xie
>
> I think we should move the option to simple.el, and rename it to
> blink-paren-SOMETHING.

There're several blink-matching-paren-* options in file <simple.el>,
but no option's name is blink-paren-*.  So I think perhaps it's better
to rename it to blink-matching-paren-highlight-offscreen.

> Also, it is unusual to have a defcustom that names a face without a
> corresponding defface that can be used to customize the face.  So I
> think we should add a defface for the face used when the user option
> is non-nil.

Following your instruction, I defface blink-matching-paren-offscreen.

> Also, the lines in the log message are too long, please make them at
> most 70 column long.

Got it.  It seems that <www.gnu.org/software/emacs/CONTRIBUTE> need to
be changed; it said "Limit lines in commit messages to 78 characters".

____________________

New patch is attached.  I have checked that there's no conflict
between the 2 newly introduced names and the original names.

--
shynur