Subject: bug#63089: [PATCH] Display offscreen matched openparen

From: Shynur Xie <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2023 12:36:03 +0000

>    From: Eli Zaretskii
> Subject: bug#63089: [PATCH] Display offscreen matched openparen
>    Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2023 09:28:53 +0300
>      To: Shynur Xie
>
> please add a user option to enable this behavior.

I think it can be defcustomed in file "lisp/paren.el".  New version of
the patch is complete, please see the attached.

> don't unnecessarily introduce whitespace differences into the code

Got it.

> Why not use the 'shadow' face instead?

Thanks.  Have used the face 'shadow'.

> The original code didn't use backticks, so why do you need it in the
> new version?

My _original_ modification made some lines too long with `list' and
`cons', so I used all backticks in that function.  Since there's no
such problem in the subsequent modifications, I will use `list' and
`cons' if you think backticks are unnecessary (or weird).

>> +            (1+openparen-idx (1+ openparen-idx)))
>                ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> This is a strange and confusing notation, please find a better name
> for this variable.

Have changed it to 'openparen-next-char-idx'.

> What is the status of your legal paperwork?

My assignment process with the FSF is complete.

Thanks again for your review of my patch!

--
shynur